Thursday, May 26, 2011

This week in Indefinite Space. Fun-raising!

I've loved this week.  Its been lovely to catch up with some of my friends with more to come tonight.  This week has been a little bit about fundraising for James' kinder and Alexi's school.  Coming up with some ideas on how to raise money through a Trivia Night the kinder is holding and thinking about things to make for a market day the school will be running.  We've put our thinking caps on and have started the ball rolling with asking local businesses for donations of goods and services (they are ridiculously generous, these businesses!).

picture from skip to my lou

As for the market, I think we may need a meeting of crafty minds sometime soon to come up with a few choice wares to sell at our craft stall.  There will also be treasure (no trash :)), books, toys & clothes, a sausage sizzle.  A fun day held by the school for the parish of St Anne's.  I think maybe crochet pot holders and tissue cosies might be my contribution.  We have quilters, card makers, jewellery makers - the works.  So a cool little craft stall should be fun to pull together..... And jams! don't forget the sweet stuff!  I think a few jars of homemade jam always go down a treat!



We fundraised for cancer with the Biggest Morning Tea at school, too.  That was fun - we raised $288 for this very worthwhile charity and we got to drink tea, eat yummies, chat to friends, and for some of us, even win a raffle!  Not me this time.

Op-shopping this week has also been rather outstanding.  The vinnies had some wonderful wool which is a rare treat.  I will be putting together my Knitting Workshop materials from some of this wool.  They also had a remarkably good selection of dressmaking patterns - all in lovely condition and in a size 12 - 14.  Perfect! picked up quite a few of those.  Also found an old typewriter - lovely!

Very excited by my visit to Resource Rescue Inc this week.  James and I headed down to Bayswater and found Peter Van Os and his treasure trove of surplus offcuts from local industry.  You can become a member for $80 and that lets you have 6 x 54 litre garbage bags full.  If you want to head down as a one off, a bag will cost $25 but if you grab less than a bag it is charged accordingly.  For all the great stuff I picked up, I paid $15.  I have already made 3 of these pinboards out of the frames and pinboard material I found.  So easy. So modern. So inexpensive!



I also picked up some fabric rope (the trimmings off fabric manufacturing) in black and white.  This is slowly becoming a cute little round crocheted rag rug.  I am loving making it and will post pics when I've finished it.  Thanks to Pip at Meet Me at Mikes for the great idea!

What else?  Keeping it all up and running with only the occasional spanner in the works.  Nice.

Gee you later!
x Miss G

No comments:

Post a Comment