I found some colours I like in my little stash of yarn and started making them. The first few were a bit weird but they started to come together quickly and I found myself relaxing more and more with each one. This was the desired effect. Fun, relaxing and productive - why can't all work be like that?
As soon as I had a few done I laid them on the floor to see how many I would need .....
I love these colours - they do remind me of fire with the soft grey reminiscent of the ash that camp fire leaves behind. It looked ok but then I realised something was missing. It needed a colour to bind it all together when I joined the squares to create the finished product. BLACK! Of course!
So I crocheted a black round on each completed square and things started to come together. Each square measures 13cm x 13cm and I worked out I would need 169 squares for a 1.3m x 1.3m rug. Needless to say I have a bit of work to do until I get there but winters a little way off!
I now have to work out how to join them and I am sure there is a handy tutorial out there in etherspace explaining the ins and outs of connecting a bunch of isolated grannies into a bright, warm community!
Happy Crocheting! x